It is funny that lots of pc/phone users know little or nothing about calibration, and more shocking that even engineers are ignorant of this.
We are going to discuss about calibration, definition, importance and how to calibrate efficiently.
What is Calibration
Remember when you studied physics or chemistry, calibration was defined as the act of ensuring that a method or instrument used in measurement will produce accurate results.
So a device or instrument will only produce accurate result if and only if its calibrated, interesting.
However, Battery Calibration is a technic that enables a new battery last longer as its supposed to last. Its not really different from the formal definition, so we can redefine it as the act of using steps to ensure that our battery last accurately.
Importance of battery Calibration
Remember that, any instrument whether scientific or not, will never give accurate result.
Therefore battery calibration can give the following result.
- Helps battery perform as it should.
- Increases battery life.
- Awakens dead battery performance
- Resolves unexpected battery shutdown.
Actually, I know you might have witnessed a battery shutting down without reaching 10%, some goes off at 40%, also some batteries especially laptops batteries can’t charge up to 100%, you see it stopping at 80% or 99%, yeah that’s because it was not calibrated properly.
How to Calibrate a Battery
Battery calibration is pretty easy, just do the following tricks.
- Switch off phone or laptop
- Charge to full (in phone, till you see 100%, in laptop till you see battery full led)
- When full, unplug from supply, power on and use till about 7-10%
- Then power off again and re-do step two.
- Do this same process for 5 times, before using device normally.
Congratulations you have successfully calibrated your laptop or phone.
Don’t forget to drop a comment or your views about the subject.
Meanwhile, Previous article on Microsoft windows defender advised us how essential it is to have Microsoft window defender in your devices.
Obviously, Microsoft Windows Essentials and Microsoft Windows Defender have proved themselves to be worthy additions to Windows operating system.
However, irrespective of its usefulness, you can’t deny the fact that Microsoft windows Defender bugs up plenty of system sources, and in case you are already utilizing a third-party antivirus, it may be a good suggestion to disable Defender.
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward method of doing this in Windows 10 OS, because if you disable Window Defender using the direct method of closing it by hitting the ‘Disable’ button on the program’s main settings, you will notice it coming back on the next time the system is rebooted.
With this little tweak, you can avoid this setbacks and disable the Defender permanently or for as long as you want.
Disable windows Defender Completely
- Go to Run(windows+R)
- Sort in ‘gpedit.msc’ (without quotes) and hit Enter. This will open up a brand new menu,where group policy editor options are listed..
- Navigate to the ‘Administrative Templates’ tab, situated underneath ‘Laptop Configuration’.
- Click on ‘Windows Components’, followed by ‘Windows Defender’.
- Find the ‘Turn off Windows Defender’ option, and double-click it.
- Click on on enabled then apply your modifications and exit the menu.
You have successfully deactivated windows defender on your windows PC.