Information gathered from ChannelTv conveys that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday, February 3, approved twenty new private universities to be cited in different parts of the country.
The 20 new private universities are to be issued provisional licenses to proceed for three years while the ministry monitors and examines their growth.
This adds up to the total number of private universities in the country making it 99.
However Legit.ng gave the list of approved universities as!!
- Topfaith University, Mkpatak, Akwa Ibom state.
- Thomas Adewumi University, Oko-Irese, Kwara state.
- Maranathan University, Mgbidi, Imo state.
- Ave Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa state.
- Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila, Kano state.
- Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo state.
- Havilla University, Nde-Ikom, Cross River state.
- Claretian University of Nigeria, Nekede, Imo state.
- NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna state
- Karl-Kumm University, Vom, Plateau state.
- James Hope University, Lagos, Lagos state.
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria, Kano, Kano state
- Capital City University, Kano, Kano state
- Ahman Pategi University, Pategi, Kwara state
- University of Offa, Offa, Kwara state
- Mewar University, Masaka, Nasarawa state
- Edusoko University, Bida, Niger state.
- Philomath University, Kuje, Abuja
- Khadija University, Majia, Jigawa state
- Anan University, Kwall, Plateau state
Also during the meeting, members observed a minute of silence for two late cabinet members who died recently.