Tragedy struck at Agip Estate area of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, Rivers State on Saturday following the electrocution of a nursing mother identified as Latifa Seiyi.
The incident reportedly took place when a high tension wire fell on the roof of the victim’s building.
A neighbour to the victim, who spoke in confidence, criticized the act of building houses under high tension and called on the government to end the menace.
The source said:
The incident is pathetic. It is something that nobody would want to see happen. The woman just gave birth some four months ago.
We were at home when the cable fell. I would have also been a victim. The woman was rushing to the room to save her daughter but her legs touched the cable.
The cable burnt her legs. She struggled to her daughter but she never knew that the protector had current. It was that one that killed her.