Three killed in Ogun gas explosion
It was a sad day in Ogun as three persons, including an infant, died in a gas explosion in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, on Wednesday.
Tori4africa learnt that the victims were simmered to death at Oke-Egunya along NTA Road, Abeokuta when a technician was trying to service a faulty refrigerator.
Three killed in Ogun Gas explosion
They were said to have been trapped and unable to escape after the gas cylinder picked up a nearby cooking fire and ignited an explosion on them.
In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking and there came an explosion,” an anonymous source said.
Ogun Director of Fire Service, Engr Fatai Adefala, who verified the incident to newsmen, said his men responded to the emergency and put out the fire at the arena.
We received a distress call at 3:15 pm at Oke-Ignore. We learnt it was a spark of fire. On getting there, we discovered it was a gas explosion.
What happened was that they were cooking outside with fire and unfortunately the gas exploded. They were trying to top the gas in the fridge, in the process, it exploded.
Three lives were lost, one infant was among them. For now, the bodies are still lying there. You know it was those who are living in that house that was affected. It was an ancient building.
Our men are still at the incident including other agencies, the Police, DSS and others,” Adefala explained.