Twenty-five academic staffs of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) have been elevated to the rank of Professor in different fields.
The promotions took effect from 1st October, 2019 as an outcome of the institution’s recent elevation exercise.
They were approved by the University’s Appointments and Promotion Committee (Senior Staff) at its 136th regular meeting chaired by Vice-Chancellor Professor Seddi Sebastian Maimako.
Thenation reported that the academic staffs promoted to the rank of Professor are;
- Dr. D. B. Bawa from the Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Dr. Ishaya Y. Longdet, Department of Biochemistry
- Dr. Tolulope M. Ogboru, Department of Commercial Law
- Dr. Salome K. Kigbu, Department of of Private Law
- Dr. Ojo Perpetua Odugbo, Department of Ophthalmology
- Dr. Olukorede O. Adenuga, Department of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Ademiju-Bepo Adeniran Kayode Moses, Department of Theatre & Film Arts
- Dr. Abdur-Rahman Lawal, Department of Religious Studies
- Dr. Momoh Grace Ohunene, Department of Educational Foundations
- Dr. Damulak Obadiah Dapus, Department of Haematology & Blood Transfusion.
- Dr. Enighe Jeno-Mary, Department of Arts Education
- Dr. Mustapha Abbas Yusuf, Department of Educational Foundations
- Dr. Gloria Olatunde Ojo, Department of Arts Education
- Dr. Ali Ahmed Difa, Department of Plant Science Technology and
- Dr. Ogberohwo Enoh Pius, Department of Physics.
- Dr. Momoh Abuh, Department of Geology
- Dr. Yohanna Jael Asabe, Department of Zoology
- Dr. Stephen Akinyemi Akintunde, Department of Library
- Dr. Elemukan Sunday Isaiah, Department of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science
- Dr. Bature Nakah Bitrus, Department of Economics and
- Dr. Chris Michael Kuju, Department of Foreign Languages.
- Dr. Ladi Nora Daduut, Department of Foreign Languages and
- Dr Mathilda E. Banwat, Department of Community Medicine have also now been elevated to the rank of Full Chair.
Meanwhile ,those whose promotion to the rank of Professor took effect from 1st October, 2019 are:
Dr. Zubairu Kwambo Dagona, Department of Psychology and Dr. Augustine Izadi Anakwe, Department of Educational Foundation.
Deputy Registrar and Publications of the University, Abdullahi Abdullahi, stated the latest promotion exercise of the University of Jos also saw the elevation of 282 non-teaching staff of the University to various higher ranks.